- Pre-treatment instructions
- Treatment day
- Post-treatment instructions
- 2 WEEKS: Schedule your Dermal Filler and/or Botox appointments at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the Dermal Filler and Botox injections may take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period.
- 2 WEEKS: Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible and approved by your primary physician for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Ale
- 1 WEEKS: If you have a history of cold sores please let your provider know.
- 2 DAYS: Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment
- 2 DAYS: Filler clients may take Arnica to help the bruising and swelling
- 1 DAYS: Alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising. Avoid consuming alcohol 24 hrs. before treatments.
- 1 DAYS: Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment. You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Apply a cool compress to the injection site(s) for up to 48 hours.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours post treatment.
- Avoid excessive sun or heat exposure for 24 hours post-treatment.
- Massage treated area gently 2 times per day for 5 minutes for 4 weeks after the injection.
- Elevate the head with two pillows while sleeping during the first few days to minimize swelling.
- Aspirin, NSAIDs, and alcohol should be avoided for the first few days after treatment (if approved by primary physician).
- Use Tylenol for discomfort (if approved by primary physician).